- One night during my 55th year, I was at Benirrás on the north coast of Ibiza.
- I smoked golden wattle, the thorn and its root, and I had divine visions.
- A breeze blew over my eyes; I saw red and black fire and, in the midst, a golden Mercury.
- Behind it, an Owlman and an Octopusman gazed at the ineffable.
- Before them, the snake passenger was gazing in the same direction.
- A boreal light enveloped them, and the Spirit guided them.
- At each corner of the vehicle an eye appeared, blinking in all four dimensions.
- Next to the passenger, I saw first a vibration, then a man in the shape of a woman.
- I was dazzled by the Driver’s fire; I felt fear, and I heard a voice.
- Watercolor painter, you have seen beyond the ephemeral, close your eyelids.
- Look at the collectors who don’t know me or who have forgotten me.
- I send you to warn them, and you will show them the water in the watercolor.
- You will see their wickedness and their pride, but do not fear them.
- They live in the ephemeral and the greed of the moment.
- They are no longer themselves and live in the land of sleep
- They rejoice in images that are easy in the usual plastic way.
- You will warn them, but few will open their eyes – some will wake up.
- The indolent still walk the banks of the Acheron.
- Then I felt my eyes open, and the Driver kissed them.
- She said to me: Watercolorist, go toward the light and show what you have hidden until now.
- It is to dreamy and sleepy collectors that I am sending you.
- Not to the simple image eaters, because they would recognize you immediately.
- You will see their swollen eyelids and their bloated thoughts.
- She said to me: my companions will guide you toward what must be done.
- I heard the sound of the shofar, and the vehicle rose in the tumult, and the spirit lifted me up.
- I returned to Benirrás, where I stayed for a week in my brother Juan’s house.
- I rested my body, enjoying the garden, playing chess, and sharing happiness.
- After 7 nights, I took my pipe and stuffed it with thorns and roots.
- The carriage appeared again, and I was seized with tremors.
- The serpant also appeared with a buzz of wings, and said to me:
- Watercolor painter, you are the painter of the visions.
- When you show your watercolors, they will burn for the one who sees.
- Seeing the fire, the beholder will open their eyes, and your watercolor painting will be saved.
- If an idolater covets your paintings, I will put a mirror between them and their eyes, and they will reject them.
- Creation entered me, and she said to me:
- Go back to your workshop and lock yourself in; await His presence in the acacia.
- The serpent man said to me again: I would close your eyes, so as not to create.
- But when I show you, you will paint His visions with your hands.
- Let those who want to see see, and those who cannot see remain blind.
- Dip your brush in confidence and brutality.
- No drawing study to begin – just pencil sketches.
- A Schmincke watercolor and paper stretched over an apple tree board.
- A red sable brush and a larger white rabbit-hair brush.
- You will calculate the surface by the division of a line into extreme and mean ratio.
- Large paintings in 6X6 pieces will be assembled to form one.
- One night in my studio, as I was misting the root of the acacia, I felt His presence.
- I looked and saw the Owlman, with feathers in midnight blue and phosphorus eyes.
- He spread his wing, and the Spirit transported me into a nocturnal vision.
- The dark became luminous, the colors iridescent, so he said to me:
- Watercolorist, put away your brushes, paint at night, never in front of them!
- Hidden paintings of villains and raptors, priests and doctors.
- Never paint in their presence, as fools and eccentrics paint.
- You will paint with your right hand and sign with the truth of the left ring finger.
- You will protect your blue eyes with glasses from Chartres.
- Dress in black linen without any accessories, the Octopusman tells me.
- For your pilgrim feet, cling to black leather sandals.
- Place your painting tools and watercolors in a box.
- Leave the superfluous behind, or it will weigh you down and slow your journey.
- As he wiped his wet wings he continued to speak.
- Visit the seas, go from residence to residence, and you will be welcomed.
- They will pour water on your hands, and from this water you will make mixtures.
- Pigments and waters will blend together to form the paint.
- It is in the dilution that the visions will take shape – the water will reveal them.
- The serpant explained to me the mechanics of rating
- He says: the first month, a watercolor will be sold for $55.5
- If a sale is made, you will add $55.5 to the $55.5
- If no one collects that month, you will freeze the price
- The first month will be June 2022, and collectors will be added up
- July will therefore be at $111, if there has been a sell-off – otherwise at $55.5
- Don’t worry about the speculators; they will get their share
- Beware of thieves and liars: they worship this old master
- The motto will be that of the empire: make the money serve you
- Hold your tongue, because it’s your pictures that speak.
- Restrain your spirit, for it is by your hands that He will guide you.
- They will ask you for meaning and rationality.
- And your answer will be a question: look at the wisps of smoke, do you see them?
- He who sees will be welcomed as paranoid, and he who does not see treated as educated.
- You will recognize the pentacle, and you will make a symbol of it.
- The star forms the spirit upon incarnation, the sky when willed.
- A final recommendation, for those in debt to pride and vanity.
- Expel them from your feet, for your hands belong to the Driver.